- REAXON®️ tubes promote nerve regrowth
- Made from CHITOSAN, not collagen
- Good tube integrity for 18 months (resorption at 2.5 years)
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
Reaxon tubes are:
Biodegradable – they degrade to compounds that can be metabolised by the body 1
Bioactive – they stimulate the growth of nerve cells 2
Biocompatible – they do not induce any immune response 3
Antiadherent – they limit the formation of scar tissue 4
Antifungal and antibacterial 5
ADVANTAGES OF REAXON®
- No morbidity or loss of feeling at the donor site.
- Does not collapse.
- Highly transparent enabling optimal positioning of the nerve endings and detection of blood clots.
- Semi-permeable, enabling small nutrients and neurotropic factors to cross the tube.
- The metabolic degradation products are resorbed via normal metabolic pathways.
- Good tube integrity for 18 months (resorption at 2.5 years).
- Croisier F, Jérôme C. Chitosan-based biomaterials for tissue engineering. European Polymer Journal. avr 2013;49(4):780‑92.
- Haastert-Talini et al. Chitosan tubes of varying degrees of acetylation for bridging peripheral nerve defects. Biomaterials 2013; 34: 9886-9904.
- The biocompatibility of Reaxon® Nerve Guide has been proven in accordance with the ISO 10993 standards.
- Marcol et al. Reduction of post-traumatic neuroma and epineural scar formation in rat sciatic nerve by application of microcrystallic chitosan. Microsurgery 2011; 31: 642-649.
- Rabea et al. Chitosan as antimicrobial agent: application and mode of action. Biomacromolecules 2003; 4: 1457-1465.
DOCUMENTS TO DOWNLOAD
INTERESTED IN REAXON
One of the most liberating things about starting our own orthopaedic company was the opportunity to tailor-make our own bag of products. The freedom to assemble a LEDA Orthopaedics portfolio, which we know will appeal to the surgeons we are privileged enough to work...read more